Thursday 1 August 2013

Welcoming My Personal Year 6

The Exciting But Challenging Personal Year 5

I truly hated Mathematics at school.  I sometimes got the wrong change back for things I bought at the shops, just because I "did not have enough fingers to count" my change. However, I loved Numerology.  I  loved the metaphysical science behind Numerology and had successfully used it to manage my interpersonal relationships at work and home, as well as to manage my expectations within the year, month or day.

I reckoned that my knowledge and skills of Numerology and Tarot had helped me to  anticipate the curves along the road.  There was no better time for these skills to come in handy then in the last year.

In the last year, I was in my personal year 5.  Personal Year 5 in Numerology, is a year of exciting changes and multiple challenges as well as opportunities.  The year called for one to be adaptable, "response-able" and tenacious.

Indeed I had seen multiple changes both at home and at work.  However, in this blog post, I am going to focus only on a key challenge each at home and at work.

Challenges At Home

At home, I was confronted by a very "emo" son who was grappling with his first year and second year at nursing school.  He went through the emotional mood swings from pure elation felt after a gratifying day at the hospital to the despondency of having to face a lack lustre examination results for one of his course modules.  Sometimes he felt that nursing was the best career in the world, and at other times, he might fall for the percieved sexiness of the advertising agency to want to pursue a marketing career instead.

Being young and impressionable ,  Joel had never experienced the struggles I had faced climbing the corporate ladder as a marketing professional.  So from time to time, I had to regal stories about my days past and hoped that he could pick up a lesson or two so that he would not make the same mistakes I had.

As a mother of a boy heading towards adulthood, I struggled with the challenges of balancing the need to protect him whilst letting him go out there to experience the wonders of what the Universe has in store for him.  At the same time, it was gratifying to watch him hone his maturity and resilience by the way he responded to each challenge he faced with his life choices.

Mom and Dad could not protect me from a life tainted with a divorce and single motherhood.  However,  together with David, they celebrated each moment with me whether it was Joel losing his first tooth, gaining his first zit, or enrolling into nursing school.  I knew I will never be alone as a mother.

Challenges At Work

At work, I was confronted with the challenges of having to adapt to new team dynamics, new projects laid on my lap suddenly and other multiple demands on my team that was already under-resourced.   Work, in every sense of the word, was never a big burden, because I enjoyed what I did.  What usually made it complexed were issues like non-clarity of roles, undefined scope, and different opinions or approach about managing a project and personal agendas.  Work challenges should be fun because of the learning curves they created for everyone in the project.  I was determined that nothing should come in between my team and I having fun in our work.

I was cognizant of this fact and attempted to find every way I could to turn each challenge I faced at work into opportunities for my team and I.  Ultimately,  it was genuine pride in our work that supported our drive to overcome these challenges.  For more about what my team and I did leveraging on our genuine pride in the work we did, please do visit http://thecrazyangmoandhisangrywife.blogspot.com/2013/07/genuine-pride-in-our-work.html

Adapting To Challenges In Personal Year 5

Understanding that my personal year 5 was going to drag me through the murky waters of these challenges, I knew I could not be stuck in my ways and attempt to cling on to conventional approaches to manage these challenges.  With Joel, I had to provide that "non-intrusive and non dogmatic" support.  From time to time I had to learn to let go and allow the Universe to help him navigate the bumps along that road.  With my work, I could either "throw my toys out of the pram" or learn to work within the new team dynamics and respond as best as I can to the demands of the business.  My focus was on doing what is right at every step of the way.

The key to a personal year 5 with less drama, is to adapt and be truly malleable. The best word I have for this is "response-able".  I learnt the concept of "response-ability" in my last job when we were taught that there were no mountains too high for us to climb.

In the course of climbing those mountains, remarkably, I found my opportunities.  The first opportunity was my ability to rediscover a new relationship with  David because we were going through a new life stage as Pre- Empty Nesters, with Joel walking towards adulthood.

The second opportunity came in two-folds.  I learnt new skills that came with the new project and I gained new knowledge from my bosses which I had previously taken for granted because I "was a marketing professional and not an actuary".  I was truly grateful for the new learnings.  I could read a stack of books and attend months of courses but they would not have taught me as much as my experience with the project at work and from my bosses.

I gambled on taking on my personal year 5 head-on with enthusiasm.  I felt I came out the winner.

Welcoming My Personal Year 6

As today is my birthday, I am now into my personal year 6.  Today is my lucky day!

The personal year 6 is a year that promises progress, personal growth and recognition for all my efforts from the past year.  I think immediately of the 6 of Swords card in Tarot where I am advised to leave all the negativity of the past behind me so that i can unlock the door to embracing new opportunities in the future.  I think I am ready for that.  I braved the storms in the past year and I want to be able to lock lips with positivity ahead of me.

However, like everything in life, I know that life is not going to be a bed of roses all the time.  Personal Year 6 is also a year where domestic or familial issues may surface.  I can anticipate another emotional melt-down from Joel as he approaches his final year at nursing school.  I can also anticipate that as this will be my "growth and expansion" year, I will be so busy that time spent with David might be limited. This can be especially challenging when I noticed that in the last year, he was more impacted by the pre-empty nester syndrome than I was, as he had taken issue with Joel about the latter's increasing absence from home.

That is why I love Numerology.  I can anticipate the year ahead and be prepared to face them with a pragmatic approach.  I could choose to face my year ahead with fear and trepidation for the challenges coming, or I could face it with a passion to show these challenges who's "da boss"!

Ultimately, I know that the Universe will never leave me with a challenge without the means to deal with it, so bring it on!


About The Writer:

The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and is also a certified numerologist.  She currently runs her own Tarot consultancy called Sun Goddess Tarot which is based in Singapore.  A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also endorsed as a reader for the Free Tarot Network and is a mentor for the ATA.   She can be contacted at www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot or www.sungoddesstarot.com



6 of Swords from the Gilded Tarot deck created by Ciro Marchetti

No comments:

Post a Comment