Sunday 9 February 2014

I Am Not Your Tarot Reader On Tap


 

Before I continue with this blog post, I just wanted to apologize if I came across sounding rude to those who had been supporting my work at Sun Goddess Tarot.  However, to protect my clients and to help me provide a better service to those who came to me for Tarot readings because of genuine issues that would have had major implications on their lives, careers and families, I thought I had to share my thoughts on an issue that had been affecting me recently – querants who assumed that I was their Tarot reader on tap.

 

Self Care

 

 

As a Tarot reader, it is very important that we regularly take necessary steps to protect ourselves from negative energy as well as from spiritual, mental, physical and emotional exhaustion due to the amount of readings we do every day.

 

Since turning professional with my Tarot cards, I had to remind myself about self care every now and then so that I can render better advice to my clients.  When my father got struck with a stroke, I realized that I needed time not only to take care of myself, but also time for the family.

 

Volunteering As A Free Reader

 

Having had my skills and experience honed by the numerous readings that I did for free for family, friends, and querants when I was a Tarot rookie, I had not forgotten my promise to give back to the community.  So I volunteered as a free reader with Biddy Tarot and the Free Tarot Network and have been doing a limited amount of free readings a week so that I can balance my time and effort between free readings, paid readings for my clients, time for my family and of course, time for myself.

 

I Am Not A Tarot Reader On Tap

 

The balance of time and energy I had been maintaining between my volunteer work and my work as a professional Tarot reader was very important for me.  However, sometimes, querants who had contacted me in the past through Biddy Tarot and the Free Tarot Network would contact me directly to ask for a free reading. 

 

I had to put a stop to this because it was unfair to querants who had been waiting in the queue to have their Tarot cards read for free when they had completed a request form online via the respective websites.  It seemed even more unfair to my clients who had paid me good money to read their Tarot cards.

 

Without sounding rude and ungrateful for your trust in my intuitive skills, I would like to say “STOP! I am not your Tarot reader on tap.”  I would be doing ALL my querants a disservice if I had continued to entertain requests for free Tarot readings from querants who contacted me directly.

A single Tarot reading session always takes up a lot of time and energy.  It is spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally draining.  I need a lot of time in between these sessions to meditate and ground myself.  Moreover, my paying clients are not just paying clients who engage me for a one-time consultation.  Over the years, they have become good friends whom I had spent a lot of time keeping in touch with and nurturing a relationship.  So my Tarot reading sessions do go beyond that hour with my client, hence more time and energy is put into these paid readings. 

 

With very limited time in my hands, I would not want to do you a disservice by agreeing to read your Tarot cards for free, only to end up providing you with a reading that is below average in quality.  I have too much of respect for Tarot to do that.

 

Where To Get Your Tarot Cards Read For Free

 

So, please do me a favour.  I have been juggling multiple commitments from conducting Tarot and Numerology lessons, to reading for clients, to volunteering as a free reader , to doing readings at events and charity fund-raisers' to taking care of my family.  From time to time, I might feel as if light had been zapped out of me.  I know it is just exhaustion hence self care is essential.   While I do thank you for your trust in me, my advice to you is that if you would like to get your Tarot cards read for free, please complete the online request form like everyone else at www.biddytarot.com,   www.freetarot.us or www.tabi.org.uk

 

There are wonderful teams of highly skilled and experienced Tarot readers within these platforms waiting to read for you with 100% passion and effort.  Should your request get allocated to me by these online systems, I would be most happy to put in that same 100% passion and energy into your Tarot reading the way my fellow readers would.

 

 

About The Writer:


The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and is also a certified numerologist.  She is currently running a Tarot consultancy based in Singapore called Sun Goddess Tarot,  which provides confidential intuitive readings combining the metaphysical disciplines of Tarot, Numerology and Astrology via face to face and emails as well as readings at corporate and private events and workshops.  A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also a reader for the Free Tarot Network and mentors Tarot protégés on behalf of the American Tarot Association

 

Website: www.sungoddesstarot.com

Email:  Joanna@sungoddesstarot.com

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot

Twitter: www.twitter.com/SunGoddessTarot

.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment