Friday 7 February 2014

Screw Mercury Retrograde


Accck! Mercury Retrograde

 

Last week, I wrote a blog post about my thoughts on the Lunar New Year of the Horse and the Super New Moon.  Within that post, I mentioned that the Mercury Retrograde was at our doorstep as well.

 

So Mercury Retrograde came flying through my window and slapped me in the face this week, with a couple of squabbles at the office with PMS-stricken colleagues, a couple of barky dogs, an irate housekeeper that mistook an innocent instruction for an accusation that she was lazy and a fight with my son.  Wow!  It was a rather forgiving Mercury Retrograde.  I had it worse before when I was still wet behind the years about astrology, numerology and tarot.  Now that I had armed myself with a bit more knowledge about these “woo woo crazee” stuff, I was quick to ancipate these periodic irritations that came naturally with the Mercury Retrograde.

 

Without having to explain that Mercury really does not move backwards, but just appears to do so a few times a year, I will just get on with the purpose of this blog post.

 

A Fight With Joel

 

Last night, Joel and I had a fight about him making plans without communicating these plans to us.  As a result of that lack of communication, it had impacted me as I was planning to host a home-cooked dinner tonight for a group of close friends. This dinner was planned a month ago, and it was communicated to the family from that time so that they would not forget the date.  Obviously, either by the stroke of Joel’s inability to be farsighted and more communicative, or the Mercury Retrograde, he made plans to have dinner somewhere else.  So that sparked my anger and I was extremely disappointed by his lack of sensitivity towards me.

 

My Tarot Cards as usual, provided me with the explanation and a calming word or two to help me get over this disappointment.

 

“For goodness sakes, what is happening?” – The Fool

 

The Fool explained to me that the entire incident was borne out of an innocent misunderstanding.  Joel was possibly trying to please everybody in the situation and ended up pleasing no one.  The Fool encouraged me to just move on.  He said, “It’s a nothing thing.”  Enough said.

 

“Ok, so why was he so dumb?” – Page of Cups + 2 of Pentacles Reversed + Knight of Wands Reversed

 

Joel approached his plans with a lack of maturity.  He might have followed his hunches and made his plans without thought of the ramifications it might have.  He could have initially thought that it was a great idea to go ahead with his plans, and he had not realized that he would affect the plans and sensitivities of others in the process. Part of the issue has to deal with the fact that he had to juggle multiple commitments, and ended up trying so hard to please everyone but without success. 

 

 

“Got you.  So what must I do?” – The Empress + 4 of Swords

 

The Empress assured me that it knew where I was coming from with my reaction to this incident. The Empress is a nurturing card, like Mother Earth.  I was trying to be “the Mother”, making sure that I had the perfect plan, and played the perfect host, with my perfect family as I welcomed my friends to my perfect home. And for the home and family to be perfect tonight, I demanded the presence of my son and my husband, naturally.  However, the Empress is also one who could step back and go deep within herself, drawing upon her intuition to understand why her son would do what he did, with no purposeful intention to cause me grief.  Together with the 4 of swords, it was a bigger affirmation to just “go sit at my ‘time-out’ corner and breathe in deeply”.   Yes, step back I shall.

 

Screw The Mercury Retrograde

 

I do love my Tarot cards.  So if like me, you are impacted by the shenanigans of the Mercury Retrograde, do re-think your approach to things.  And if you worry that talking to your bestie might end up in tears because of the Mercury Retrograde, whip out your Tarot cards, and let them whisper some comforting words of advice to you instead.

 

 

About The Writer:


The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and is also a certified numerologist.  She is currently running a Tarot consultancy based in Singapore called Sun Goddess Tarot,  which provides confidential intuitive readings combining the metaphysical disciplines of Tarot, Numerology and Astrology via face to face and emails as well as readings at corporate and private events and workshops.  A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also a reader for the Free Tarot Network and mentors Tarot protégés on behalf of the American Tarot Association

 

Website: www.sungoddesstarot.com

Email:  Joanna@sungoddesstarot.com

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot

Twitter: www.twitter.com/SunGoddessTarot

.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment