Sunday 20 April 2014

Tarot Tip Tuesdays - Open And Honest Communication Is Necessary

Whether you are new to Tarot and in the throes of building a connection with your Tarot cards or an advanced Tarot reader diligently honing your Tarot reading skills, I am putting out a Tarot tip a week to help you to consistently make Tarot a part of your everyday life.

So here goes your Tarot Tip for this Tuesday:

I thought this topic would be an appropriate tip for the week because it happened to me just a couple of days ago.  I could kick myself sometimes and this just goes to show that even experienced Tarot readers do sometimes forget.  

My regular clients are very familiar with my reading style of combining Tarot, Numerology and Astrology.  Even new clients who engage me for a reading for the very first time, often are happy with my style of reading. I guess, these modalities are quite common and clients are generally comfortable with these. I would usually preface the reading anyhow by explaining my code of ethics and I would also explain how I would combine these modalities to create depth of advice to support my client's decisions.

So far, this had been happening swimmingly with great success and the readings would invariably involve a 2-way opened communication between the client and myself.  After a reading, I would know as much about my client as he or she would know about me.

However a few days ago, this did not happen as planned.  Yes I did open the reading in the usual way of prefacing it with my code of ethics and my reading style, but I forgot to explain that I added another dimension to the reading by channeling for her before she arrived for the appointment.  I had been doing this quite often in my readings these days as I have been developing my clairvoyant and clairsentient skills lately.

My client was clearly uncomfortable as she did not understand what channeling meant.  In her mind, I was talking to unknown entities in a realm she could not comprehend and she was completely freaked out by that. Part of her discomfort had to do with the fact that she erroneously thought it had violated her religious beliefs.  The "clairs" were big words for her and she told me flatly that she just wanted a simple Tarot reading and had not expected "the works". 

Of course we both left the table quite unhappy after the reading.  I turned the whole situation inside out within my mind all night and came to a conclusion that I should have been even more opened in my communication with her.  I should not have taken for granted that she understood what channeling meant.  I should not have taken for granted that she would be okay with it if I had not asked for her permission to do so before she arrived at our appointment.

Lesson learnt.  An open and honest communication is necessary between reader and querant.  Do not take for granted that he or she understands your reading style.  Always ask for permission to be part of your querant's journey to find a solution for his or her issues.

May your Tarot cards provide you with a full deck of possibilities throughout your day.


About The Writer:

The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and is also a certified numerologist.  She is currently running a Tarot consultancy based in Singapore called Sun Goddess Tarot,  which provides confidential intuitive readings combining the metaphysical disciplines of Tarot, Numerology and Astrology via face to face and emails as well as readings at corporate and private events and workshops.  A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also a reader for the Free Tarot Network and mentors Tarot protégés on behalf of the American Tarot Association

Website: www.sungoddesstarot.com
Email:  Joanna@sungoddesstarot.com
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SunGoddessTarot



No comments:

Post a Comment